Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lily the Fairy

The Pink Cat studio blog had a contest this week using this Lily the Fairy image. Melissa says she's come up with a Lily the Fairy set that will come out next mont. I CAN"T wait!


Here are my entries:

For this card. I printed Lily onto Vellum and then colored her with copics on the reverse side. I cut out a window with one of my nestabilities sets (it's name excapes me at the moment!).

Once the card was put together, I colored the wings with a versamarker and embossed them with SU!s Irridescent ice EP and added a gem in the centre of the wand. I also added stickles to the flowers and held them together with a rhinestone brad.


For the next one, I cut out part of the flowers on the DP and slipped the Lily image in behind.



Lily was colored with copics again and I colored over her wings with a spica glitter pen. It's too bad it doesn't show up in pictures, it looks great IRL! The last step was adding the gems to the centre of the flowers.



For my last card, I colored lily with copics again (big surprise!). I used the Spica glitter pen on all the blue parts.

Here's a close up of Lily:
I think she's so adorable! Can't wait till the set comes out!


6 comments:

Jules said...

Oh now these acrds are just beautiful! Each one of them is just stunning. Good luck with teh contest!

Jamie Martin said...

Your cards are all really cute.

Dianette Seda said...

Great cards! They are sooooo beautiful and with so much bling! Really nice cards!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lily is so sweet and I love the work you put into making her even sweeter. Very cute. Pat

Janine said...

Fabulous cards Cheryl... Just back from Vegas so doing some catching up!!

Mescrap said...

Those cards are so adorable.