Saturday, December 6, 2008

double viewmaster...a work in progress...

So, I've had this idea in my head for a while. When I first saw the Lily and Billy accessories set from Pink Cat studio, I thought 'How cool would that be if you could make a card where you could change Lily's outfit?'

Then I thought 'It would be even cooler if you could change her outfit AND the sentiment to go with it!'

So, the double viewmaster was made. I'm not totally content with it. I think the card itself should have been a solid color so it didn't compete with Lily and her changing outfits.

However, it does work pretty cool. Lily herself is colored with copics, cut out and glued to the background and her outfits are colored, cut out and glued between 2 pieces of acetate (so that the edges don't catch when you turn the viewmaster to change her outfit). The second viewmaster piece is done on white cardstock and colored with copics.


Don't worry! She's wearing a dress, so she's never completely nude! I'll probably be re-doing this one at somepoint, but I thought I'd share it now anyway! Have a great day!



4 comments:

Jules said...

This is just adorable!!!!

Jamie Martin said...

Wow, look at all those cards you got done! The little girl in all of her outfits is too cute :)

Nina said...

Hi, Cheryl! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! =) Sorry I don't blog-hop as much. Been crazy lately. =)

Hope you're having a good holiday season! Oh gosh, with the gorgeous cards you've been making, I see that you're truly enjoying the season! Hope you and your family experience the magic of the season and may it last the whole of 2009! =)

Oh gosh, how amazing are you! That is one super double (!) viewmaster card! How cool! I loved that toy sooo much and it's wonderful to see it translated into a card for "adult" play. Hehe.

*hugs*
Nina

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! This is so cool Cheryl! What a fantastic idea!!!