Saturday, April 19, 2008

Trying to get back into the swing of things.....


I'm really missing my craft room! We are in a rental for the next couple of months and I don't have a space of my own and I don't like it! Don't I sound spoiled! Here's the card holder (to go with the card stack class) that I promised to post a long time ago!

Cut list:
1 – 8 ½ x 7 ¼ - 2 scoops – strawberry smoothie
2 – 1 x 8 ¾ - Flamingo Bazzil
1 – 5 ¼ x 5/8 – Flamingo Bazzill
1 – 3 ½ x 3 – Flamingo Bazzill – for scallop rectangle
1 – 3 x 2 ½ - white

Other supplies:
4 – lg mint green brads
2nd largest rectangle nestabilities from small set to cut and emboss white piece
2nd largest scallop rectangle nestabilities from large set to cut flamingo bazzill
Corner rounder
Whispers ink – grand cranberry and sugarloaf green

Instructions:
1 – Cut and emboss white piece and cut out flamingo bazzill piece
2 - Stamp 3 flowers on white piece
3 – Score Strawberry smoothie paper as follows:
Score 1” along both long sides
Turn ¼ turn
Score at 3 ¾” and 4 ¾”
4 – Cut on the 3 ¾” and 4 ¾” score line up to the 1” score line on both sides (so you should end up with 4 - 1” cuts. Put adhesive on side pieces (1” areas) and stick together to make a box to slip the cards into. Set aside.
5 – Take the guard off of the corner rounder. Use it to create scallops on one side of the 2 5 ¼ x 5/8 pieces and both sides of the 2 – 8 ¾ x 1 pieces. Attach the pieces that are punched on 1 side to the top of the box as a decorative scallop edge. Use the brads to attach the 2 handles. To make it easier to attach the brads, place the handle where you want it to be and use a crop-o-dile to punch a small hole to thread the brad through. Open the back of the brads.
6 – Attach your stamped piece to the front and it’s ready to slip the cards inside and give as a gift!

8 comments:

Dianette Seda said...

I really like that purse! It's a great idea for a class.

Janine said...

Glad to see you back!! Hope all is well and I think this is a wonderful project!

Janine said...

Check out the Sisterhood blog.

Anonymous said...

Cute little card purse. Nice to have you back

The Rubber Maid said...

Glad you are back to the blog. I know how horrible it is to move so I feel for you. Cute little tote bag. Pat

Julie Koerber said...

YEAH! She's back! I was beginning to wonder if moving would be a year long project! Just kiddin'--I know that's a big job! Hope you are getting settled and glad you are back creating. I really love this creation! Thanks for giving us all the details on how to make it! Very cute!

Julie Koerber said...

YEAH! She's back! I was beginning to wonder if moving would be a year long project! Just kiddin'--I know that's a big job! Hope you are getting settled and glad you are back creating. I really love this creation! Thanks for giving us all the details on how to make it! Very cute!

Becca said...

This is truly lovely. Glad to see you back.
I am sorry to hear that you don't have your creating space.....time will fly and you will be back in it soon. Please keep in touch. Moving is difficult so I hope it all goes well for you and that you settle in easily.
Bela